I want to share with you 5 essential tips from the experts at Project Glam to change up your look:
- Experiment with layers: the secret of layering is in creating harmony between the textures and colors of different items, from the lightest (blouse) to the thickest (coat).
- Back to basics: odds are we all have a classic cut pair of pants, blouse, dress, or blazer. Sometimes we forget that we have these pieces at our disposal and we struggle to remember how versatile they can be.
- 2+1: pair up 2 basic garments with 1 striking piece. The result will be fabulous. For example: jeans + white t-shirt + neon purse.
- When in doubt, opt for a monochromatic look: when you’re unsure about how to update your style, try pairing a whole outfit with pieces of a single color block. This looks even more elegant when you wear neutral tones like white, gray, dark blue, or black.
- Invest in accessories: Yes, always yes! Accessories play a fundamental role when creating and modernizing an outfit. With them we can give the same look a different twist, making it stand out or choosing to give it a casual or formal air.