Delicate Gold San Benito Medal Necklace - Mother of pearl cross chain - Santos
Delicate San Benito Medal
Dainty and delicate chain necklace with a 18k gold-plated tiny St. Benedict Medal connector for both sides and a small mother of pearl sideways cross. Petite and sweet necklace for a special gift.
A delicate, everyday necklace that goes with anything, This necklace is designed to be worn all day.
Necklace length: 17.3" / 44 cm
Gold Plated Pendant
St. Benedict Medal pendant diameter: 0.27" / 0.7 cm
Cross pearl connector measure: 1cm
* gold plated chain, 1mm
* gold plated findings
* gold plated clasp
St. Benedict's life: he'd been living as a hermit in a cave for three years, famous for his holiness, when a religious community came to him after the death of their abbot and asked Benedict to take over. Some of the monks didn't like this plan and attempted to kill him with poisoned bread and wine. Just as St. John the Divine was miraculously saved from being poisoned, when St. Benedict made the sign of the Cross over these things, he came to know they were poisoned, so he toppled the cup and commanded a raven to carry off the bread.
The Medal wards against:
1. To destroy witchcraft and all other diabolical and haunting influences;
2. To impart protection to persons tempted, deluded, or tormented by evil spirits;
3. To obtain the conversion of sinners into the Catholic Church, especially when they are in danger of death;
4. To serve as an armor against temptation;
5. To destroy the effects of poison;
6. To secure a timely and healthy birth for children;
7. To afford protection against storms and lightning;
8. To serve as an efficacious remedy for bodily afflictions and a means of protection against contagious diseases.